- Travellers to Vietnam, for all purposes (tourism, business, study, visiting relatives, volunteering…) need to obtain a valid visa before travelling (except citizens of a number of countries that are exempt from visas to Viet Nam with certain conditions). There is no visa requirement if you transit through a Vietnamese international airport without entering the country.
- Visas on arrival is a special facility reserved only for extreme emergency situations, mostly for humanitarian purposes and not designed for regular visitors. Abuse of the facility may lead to penalties and denied entry. services”.
- Visa fees are various and depend on a number of factors such as length of stay, the number of entries, types of visa, availability of pre-authorisation and may subject to change from time to time. Please kindly contact the visa officer to be advised on current visa fees. Please note that the visa application fee covers all entry fees (i.e. no additional fee payable upon arrival) and is non-refundable. You may ask friends, relatives or representatives to apply on your behalf (no Power of Attorney required).
- How to apply for a visa
Documents to be submitted:
- The passport that remains valid for at least 1 month since the expiry date of the visa (For example, if you would like to apply for a 3-month visa, your passport should remain valid for at least 4 months since the date of immigration);
- Visa application form (Download here: VN VISA APPLICATION FORM.doc)
- 1 newly taken photo 4x6cm;- Visa fee shall be collected in advance in Thai Baht. Please contact the Consular Section for information on current visa application fees.
You can submit your application by yourself or request someone else submit applications on your behalf. Address of the Embassy: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330).
- 2. Processing time– Four business days are required to process visa applications with approval. Expedited processing requires one day to two business days after the Consular Section has received the application. Vietnam immigration authorities may decide to review an application in Vietnam. It may take longer than the above standard processing time for such applications to be processed.- In case you would like to have an Express tourist Visa (on the same day or the following day), you would need to send your filled application form and copy of passport in advance (at least 24 hours in advance before you come to the Embassy) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +66 2650 7525. An additional fee is required for each application. Please contact the Consular Section (Tel: +66 2650 8979) for further guidance. – In case you would like to check your application status, please kindly send a request to the Embassy’s email (email@example.com)and provide your full name, date of birth, receipt number or date of submission. The Embassy would not check the application status via telephone.3. Visa for minor applicants (under the age of 14)– The applicant must travel with at least one parent or legal guardian.- In addition to the above requirement, the following certification is needed:
- Authorization to travel for Minors (The form is not compulsory, but will speed up your passage through border controls) signed by both parents or legal guardians.
- Birth certificate in original and copy, or only a notarized copy(All foreign documents, if not in English, should be translated into one of those languages).
- Copies of photo-ID/passport of both parents and legal guardians, in the event that the mother’s last name differs from what appears on the applicant’s birth certificate, please provide a copy of parents’ marriage certificate.4. Business visa (to work with Vietnamese businesses):
Documents to be submitted:
- The passport that is valid for at least 6 months since the date of entry to Viet Nam;
- A visa approval issued by the Immigration department of Vietnam;
- 1 photo 4×6 cm. Normal processing time for a business visa is about 4-5 working days.
5. Visas for diplomatic and service/or official passport holders: Please directly contact the Consular Section of the Embassy before coming to the Embassy.
6. Visas for investors, journalists/reporters and those who wish to enter Viet Nam to: i) work with Vietnamese agencies/institutions, ii) study, iii) participate in meetings/conferences, iv) work, V) visit relatives:
Documents to be submitted include:
- Passport that is valid for at least 6 months since the date of entry to Viet Nam;
- A visa approval issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam (please request your host company/agency to contact the Immigration Department of Viet Nam);
- 1 photo 4×6 cm.Normal processing time for Business/Working/Study/Volunteering/Press visa request is about 4-5 working days.
Important notice: After obtaining a visa, please check details in your visa to make sure they are in conformity with details in your passport and your application form: Your name in full; Validity of your visa (Date of entry/exit, single/multiple entries); Signature of visa issuer; Stamp of the Embassy. If any of the above information is incorrect or absent, please notify us immediately within three working days for free-of-charge correction. We reserve our right to add service charges if no notification about incorrect information was made within three working days since the date of visa issuance or if the error has resulted from your application.